2C Digital Marketing Ltd (2C Digital Marketing), is committed to protecting your personal information. It’s your information, it’s personal, and we respect that. We also want to maintain the trust and confidence of every one of our clients, as well as each visitor who uses our website.
2C Digital Marketing is a Private Limited Company incorporated in England and Wales (company number 11140425), and is the data controller of your personal information.
2C Digital Marketing’s Contact Details:
5-6 Clifton Down Rd
If you have questions regarding your information or its use, please contact our Data Protection Manager using 2C Digital Marketing’s contact information.
Although it is not compulsory to provide all of the information listed below, 2C Digital Marketing may not be able to provide you with its full range of services if you chose not to.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. This could be communicating with us online, by phone or post, or in person. We also look at how our audience use our website, so that we can offer the best possible user experience.
We collect information in the ways that are listed below:
- Contact us in person, by phone, post or online.
- When you purchase one of our services.
- Approach us with a business proposition.
- Apply for employment at our company.
The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that is necessary to carry out our business, provide the service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information, however, this may limit the level of personalisation that we offer e.g. you may not get to hear about new services that might be of interest to you.
The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you engage in business with us or contact us in person, by phone, post or online, we collect information from you in order to provide the service that you are requesting.
We may collect information such as:
- Email address
- Contact phone number
- Company address
- Information about your business that will help us to provide you with the most relevant service.
When visiting our website we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
Information we obtain independently from you:
We may combine information you have given to us with the additional information available from external sources. We will only do this when you give permission to the relevant third-party organisations to share the data they hold on you, or if the data is already publicly available.
Depending on your settings and the privacy policies of social media and messaging services like Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn, you may give us permission to access information from these accounts or services.
Information Publicly Available
We may include information found in places such as Companies House, and information that has been published in articles/ newspapers.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It
We use the information we hold on you in several ways. In the main, we use your information to:
- Provide a service you have requested.
- Offer you a personalised experience and understand our audience’s needs better.
- Inform you of new services, special offers or service changes.
- Contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information.
Specifically, we use the information we collect on you in the following ways:
- To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- Process payments and pay invoices: we only use bank details and credit/ debit card details to process payments. We do not use or store this information for any other purpose.
- Provide the best possible customer service, and to help us with internal administration.
- Contact you with important information relating to your service, such as service changes.
- Where we have your consent: send you promotional and informational emails that we think you may find interesting, using the address that you have provided.
- Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with marketing communications and adverts that are more relevant to you.
- Use your pseudonymised details to show you advertising on social media platforms or via other third-party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. The information shared is pseudonymised to protect your personal data.
- For classifying our audience into groups or segments, using enquiry and publicly available information. These segments help us to understand our audience better and ensure we’re sending relevant messages to each group.
- Measure and understand how our audiences respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
- Undertake consumer research: we may contact you to ask you to participate in consumer research either via an online or telephone survey or in person. You are under no obligation to participate in research and, should you provide any further information, 2C Digital Marketing will inform you how any further information will be used.
- Measure and analyse audience activity to continually improve the services we offer including our website and marketing efforts.
- For a small number of our audience, where we want to better understand people’s engagement with 2C Digital Marketing and their potential interest in specific services:
Before contacting these individuals, we may seek additional information relating to: residential location, wealth and assets, family*, career, and hobbies and interests to create a profile of their interests and preferences. This helps us understand the background of the people who may choose to use specific services that we offer.
* This does not include information about children unless given personally by the individual concerned.
How We Handle Your Information and Other Organisations
2C Digital Marketing will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Some of our service providers and contractors may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf – freelancing and payment processing is a good example of this. We make sure that anyone who provides a service for 2C Digital Marketing enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers and contractors who work on behalf of 2C Digital Marketing for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, freelancing, payment processing, printers and mailing houses, marketing agencies, database services, website hosting or email delivery.
- Third-party data services, for example Experian, who help us to segment and understand our audience by providing additional information so that we can send the most relevant and targeted communications possible.
- Third-party advertisers (such as Facebook or Google) to help us identify customers similar to our audience or to serve relevant adverts to you on these platforms or third-party websites. We pseudonymise the information we share with these advertisers to protect your personal data.
- Where required to do so (for example, if required to do so by court order), or when requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
2C Digital Marketing is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if accessed using links from www.2cdigitalmarketing.com. We recommend that you check the policies of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Manager if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. As we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us, you do so at your own risk.
How We Protect Your Data
2C Digital Marketing is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we hold on you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use.
2C Digital Marketing may transfer your data to the USA, to organisations such as Facebook or Google, who are a part of the EU privacy shield initiative. More details on this certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov/welcome .
If you ask us to stop sending marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure that we adhere to such requests.
Job applicants, current and former employees
When you apply to work for us we will use your personal information to process your application. We may disclose your information to a third-party in order to obtain a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau. We will not do this without informing you beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Information about unsuccessful candidates may be held for 6 months after the recruitment campaign has been completed, after which it will be destroyed or deleted.
We compile files for all our employees and these files contain information relating to your employment. This file will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly related to your employment. When you leave our employment, the file will be retained for up to five years in case it is required for auditing purposes.
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
You can amend your personal details and email contact preferences at any time by phoning, emailing, or writing to us using our contact details.
Every email marketing communication we send to you will include details on how to change your communications preferences or unsubscribe from future communications.
If you would like to see what information we hold about you, you can request full details of your personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting our Data Protection Manager. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At any time, you have the right to ask 2C Digital Marketing to amend or stop processing your personal information. You can do this by phoning, emailing or writing using our contact details.
If information held on you is inaccurate, you have the right to have it amended. If you have any concern about the accuracy of the personal data that we hold on you, please let us know using our contact details.
If you would like us to remove the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using our contact details.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk.
2C Digital Marketing’s Contact Details:
5-6 Clifton Down Rd
This policy may be subject to future updates to take into account changes at 2C Digital Marketing or, for example, to reflect regulatory or legislative changes.
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page – please check back from time-to-time.
For more information on data protection regulations and laws, please click here.