SUCCESS STORY #4
Birmingham Haemorrhoid Clinic
The client’s challenge
The Birmingham Haemorrhoid Clinic is a specialist private healthcare service that provides effective haemorrhoid treatments. They initially contacted 2C as they needed a digital partner to help them increase website visitors and leads, and improve their positioning on the search results pages (PPC).
As we developed further insights into the brand’s digital marketing activities, we identified that our website copywriting, design and build services could help The Birmingham Haemorrhoid Clinic to:
- Boost their PPC further
- Improve their visibility and click-through rate for local SEO
- Turn more website visitors into leads
PPC – Long-term Google Ads and Bing PPC management
“It’s been a real pleasure dealing with Sara and the team. Sara is a personable professional, with a keen eye for detail, and it was her qualities that gave us confidence in the quality we would get from working with 2C.”
- Implemented conversion tracking to enable accurate and relevant data collection and analysis.
- Implemented Google campaigns (Bing set-up starts in September 2020).
- Daily monitoring of campaigns and monthly reporting on performance and strategy adjustment recommendations based on analytics data.
- Implementation of recommendations and continuation of monthly review and refinement cycle.
- Audit of website content, SEO, user experience and user journey to identify ways to improve traffic quantity, quality and conversion rates.
- Implementation of audit recommendations.
- Monitoring of website update impact on PPC campaign performance and local SEO.
PHASE 1 - PPC
What does this mean?
The Google Ads campaign raised conversion volume and conversion rate statistics, which shows that the website traffic was of a higher quality than in previous months. Most importantly, 2C achieved a cheaper cost-per-conversion, and in turn a higher ROI.
Although the campaign showed strong results, we looked for ways to improve PPC results even further and boost the success of other channels, including organic search. We recommended conducting a website audit to identify SEO, user experience and user journey optimisation opportunities that would improve traffic quantity, quality and conversion rates.
PHASE 2 - Website improvements
Our website audit identified the following optimisation opportunities, which we then implemented:
1. Copy-edit written content to:
- Be easier to scan and digest
- Align with user search intention (be more obviously relevant)
- Improve visibility in local SERPs for relevant search terms
- Answer the target audiences’ questions
2. Reorganise the website structure and navigation and add clear calls to action on every page to improve the user experience and create a clearer user journey.
3. Add strategically placed testimonials across the site to build brand trust.
4. Create an optimised Google My Business profile to help improve Birmingham Haemorrhoids Clinic chances of ranking high in local SERPs and appearing in Google’s top 3 listings in the local pack.
The statistics below reveal that the website updates had a significant impact on performance in comparison to the previous period: